Tuesday, February 24, 2009

8 weeks and counting....Triathlon update

OK...we're into the full swing of triathlon training. 5 times per week I'm doing something. My week looks like this:
Monday- 17 min swim-35 min bike
Tuesday- off
Wed- 29 swim
Thurs- 17 run
Fri- 58 bike
Sat- off
Sun- 29 run
Anyone who wants to join me, I'll be at the Y...

So this week's mini-rant is on a simple, yet very difficult task---breathing while swimming. I will go ahead and give "props" to all swimmers out there...this takes a lot more coordination than one would think. To breathe out the right amount and at the right time....just in time to create an air pocket in the water for you to turn your mouth into to breathe....all without breathing in water with your air? Let me just tell everyone....IT'S VERY VERY HARD!!! But, I'm getting better! My first swim had moments of fear of drowning....now, I usually only have one coughing fit. I have found that swimming is my best of the three disciplines, believe it or not. Next best is biking and to no surprise to anyone, running my least bestest activity.

Oh, I'm still looking for a bike....so if anyone out there in TV/Computer land has an extra triathlon bike laying around and wants to A: donate it or B: loan it to me...I'd greatly appreciate it!

Last...a quick survey. How many people following this blog have either been inspired to work out a little on your own OR have been pressured by your spouse who reads this blog to work out? Let me know by posting a comment with your answers.......

3 comments:

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Ok so everytime your workin out and dying just start singing the theme song to ROCKY. . that always made me feel like I was gonna tear it up. (its the little things and whatever the heck it takes to get you through those work outs) KICK BUTT!!
Andrea

Michelle said...

I would lend you my hybrid, but I'm in Kansas City, MO. Minor detail.

Good job, though!

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Hey dont you love it when Michael sends you an email that says, "So I ran a half marathon today. .(ho hum just another day)." Read that email and I hate it that he makes these things look so easy. Their not he really does train hard and work hard.
Good times just thought I"d throw that in there.
Andrea