Here are some recent pics over the past couple weeks. Kaitlin has been so nurturing to Hudson and loves to give him a bottle and kiss all over him. Hudson is still hanging on to his umbilical cord stump, so we had to visit the doctor again, which means that he was weighed again. At almost seven weeks he weighed in at 14 pounds. Surely he'll slow down soon...
This past week Kaitlin, Hudson, and I went on a week long trip to visit family. We had a wonderful time and I will post pics soon.
Hudson has been smiling since about three weeks old, but it has really picked up the past week or two. He is such a happy baby and loves to be talked to in a sweet voice. It makes him smile sooo big and his dimples are just adorable. He is also cooing and I just love hearing his voice. He talks back and forth with me now. He has been hitting his toys for a couple weeks too on his playmat and his bouncy seat. It is so amazing how much he is able to focus in on the object of his attention. It's mostly faces, but he really is so alert. He is having longer awake periods now which is really fun and allows us to get to know him. Hudson is so content just laying on a blanket on the floor and squirming. He is constantly moving and stretching and is also quite yawny. Tummy time lasts about 10 minutes a session and he's not opposed to it as Kaitlin was. He holds his head up really well. He almost rolled over again yesterday, but stopped on his side. He passed size 1 diapers a couple weeks ago and fills out his size 2 so well that I actually bought size 3 and think we'll start that pack in about a week. He is in 3-6 month clothing, but the pjs are starting to get too short due to his very long torso, so we'll be moving to 6-9 soon.
Kaitlin has been steadily increasing her vocabulary and we are working hard on good manners. She says pease-please often on her own as well as doot doo-thank you and suse me-excuse me. Maam and sir seem to be a bit more of a challenge. She is a fairly patient girl to get exactly what she wants just the way she wants it if she's in control, if she's waiting on someone else, not so patient. She says Woooowwwww...all the time. It's such a cute word that I guess she picked up from us. Others include dye dye-bye bye, heddo-hello, cheese, book, cheep-chip, beebee-baby, bee-any kind of bug, shoes, CC, Papa, see___ -for whatever she wants to see, tuckatuckatucka-I have no idea, and she has started using the word me for herself. Kate has also started singing some of the actual words to the songs she hears. She hides anytime you call her and ask her to come here. This gets some of her biggest laughs when you find her. Downstairs her favorite place is behind the couch...upstairs it's behind the chair in her room. Kaitlin is also counting...somewhat. Her favorite numbers are two and three and you'll often hear her counting random things saying two three two three threeeeeeee!!! Every once and a while we'll her wah-one two three. She is starting to go longer with dry diapers and we'll go on the potty now and then, but I still am holding off on the potty training for awhile.
I love love loves being a mom of two. It's so rewarding and our kids are so very sweet! God has blessed us beyond measure!
2 comments:
Yoou do such a good job telling about their activities and I just love reading about them!! It was so good seeing you all. Christmas will be here soon and I can hardly wait to see all the babies interact with one another. I need some Christmas suggestions when you have time. I know you don't have a lot of time for that but I'm at a loss this year on shopping. Love you all. Mema
They're both getting so big! I'm so sad we missed y'all. I can't wait until we get to spend a little time together!
Post a Comment