Sunday, January 31, 2010

Growing and Playing

It's been awhile since I've posted because we've been so busy lately. I'll divide it up into a few posts. Life with two kids has been fun and crazy.
Kaitlin is talking more and more all the time...such a chatterbox. We are also able to understand more of what she says. Phrase heard most often a week ago..."Mama, need help, Mama." Phrase heard most often this week..."Mommies, need help, Mommies." No idea why she has pluralized me, so I started calling her Kaitlins. She is so constantly busy...pulling out all of her puzzles and not putting them together, baking with mommy, running, cooking in her kitchen while talking on the phone, painting, hiding, playing mommy to her babydolls, dancing...etc. Kaitlin has been crawling out of her crib several times a "nap". We are trying to take care of this problem, but it's hard when both Jason and I just want to laugh at her. Every time we walk in there she is either hiding in her closet, behind the chair or rocking and says,"I rock, no night night, I rock". She then proceeds to poke her bottom lip out and look down like she's sad. Some of her new words include...yours(which she says for somethings that's hers), movie, got you(when she wants us to pick her up), eyes(sunglasses), nose(not a new one, but she just loves to talk about noses), I love you ____(I na nu fill in name here), Huddy(Hudson), Barney(Bobbies), vroom vroom(woom woom, for cars), football(bootball), thank you(she says on her own without prompting now, very polite little girl), excuse me(swee swee, also on her own without prompting), and so many more I can't think of right now. She and Hudson have hit a growth spurt the past couple of weeks and have been eating nonstop.
Hudson is grabbing everything in sight and has quite the tight grip. He is so aware and wants to be a part of everything going on. He LOVES watching his sister and LOVES playing with his Daddy. Hudson and his Daddy already have a special bond, which is probably why Jason gets the biggest smiles. He is gurgling and blowing bubbles alot trying to communicate with us. He is awake for about two hours at a time and then needs at least a 30 minute nap. Hudson is taking about 3 naps a day and sleeping 7-7 at night, unless he's hit a growth spurt and then he throws in an extra feeding at 5am. He is still the sweetest baby and just has a wonderfully good nature about him. He really loves to be held, but not cuddled. There is a distinction. His hair is growing and seems to be coming in blonde, time will tell.
God is so good and we are aware every day how blessed we are with two beautiful and wonderful healthy children.


Post bathtime
Tickle party with Mommy and Daddy

Helping Hudson jump


There's a new smiley sheriff in town



Recently into taking off her diaper



Kaitlin is such a ham and poor Hudson stuck in a purple bumbo



Cooking in her kitchen...btw Aunt Jennifer made her the cute hat and apron set which she loves



Our sweet boy



Awww mom, not another picture


Getting some chunky rolls



5 comments:

Grandma (Nancy) said...

Thanks for the update. Hudson is a chunky fella!! Glad to hear that Kaitlin is talking more. It just gets 'funner and funner'!!

JM said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see new pictures and read an update. We sure do miss y'all!

JM said...

Random: I don't know if it's the same in IE, but in Firefox, the text of your posts are very similar in color to the background and hard to read. I usually read it all in Google Reader, so I don't notice until I come to leave a comment.

Jen said...

PRECIOUS kids!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I just LOVE how chunky Hudson is - so adorable!