It seems like every week now I am listening to my three year old and thinking when did she grow up. Kaitlin is growing and learning by leaps and bounds these days and I can't seem to stop it...nor do I truly want to stop it. She is so much fun to be around and keeps us laughing. She is extremely kind, mothers everyone(which lends itself to being a bit bossy at times), talkative, loud, inquisitive, and a quick learner.
Recently...
We have ditched diapers for good. Over Christmas holidays Kaitlin began staying dry overnight and hasn't had an accident since...hurray! She loves to stay at home and when we are out is often telling me that she would like to go to her home. She has learned her shapes, can spell her name, and has been doing so well with the beginning stages of writing her letters. Kate is getting dressed by herself now. I still pick out her clothes but I have a feeling she'll soon realize that's one more thing that she can do "all myself" which should lead to some interesting outfit choices. Peanut butter and jelly is her favorite food, with chips of course. I know that I say she sounds like me all the time, but she truly repeats every word out of my mouth.
If she needs my attention she grabs my face and says, "Listen mom, listen".
When she wants something that I have said no to, "Mommy, Jesus wants us to (watch a movie). Jesus likes movies and they make him happy. We should watch a movie. I never watch one and Jesus wants us to watch one."
Kaitlin uses the phrases, "I do it next or next day, I never(nebber) do it, I not, tell the truth, that's not fair, I not happy...you make me not happy, be kind, you gotta share, almost, not quite yet, great job, all the time, you not help me, and all myself", frequently. She is quite the independent spirit which we love.
She calls us Jenny and Jason more than I'd like.
Kaitlin can drop into her little imaginary world in a second and all of a sudden be talking for her toys back and forth. She is extremely creative and loves to draw, paint, color, and dance.
She calls us Jenny and Jason more than I'd like.
Kaitlin can drop into her little imaginary world in a second and all of a sudden be talking for her toys back and forth. She is extremely creative and loves to draw, paint, color, and dance.
Her manners are getting better all the time and she sounds so grown up when she speaks. Her words are becoming much more clear. She is very protective of her brother. A worker at the YMCA told me that Hudson was trying to play on a toy and another little kid was not being nice, so Kaitlin told the other kid, Hey that's my brother, no no. I love that she loves her Hudson. That's what she like to tell me..."mommy he's my Hudson". He is her little shadow and she usually loves it, telling him just what role he can play.
Sweet girl!
1 comment:
she sounds so precious and fun! i'd love to see all of our girls together :)
Post a Comment