How can she be 6 months? As always it feels as if she's always been around, but I can't believe that it's been 6 months already all at the same time. God knew that we needed this precious gift in our lives at this exact time. It is so funny how we thought with everything else going on that the timing was not perfect. We were so wrong! Scarlett is pure joy! We are so thankful for a God that knows better than we do and whose plans and timing are perfect.
Scarlett is always happy and endures rough hugs from her siblings so well. She loves the exersaucer, because she likes to be able to see everything going on. She no longer naps in the car seat or anywhere but a bed for the same reason. Kaitlin keeps her thoroughly entertained and we get to hear that giggle that is music to my ears! I recently started getting what I think are kisses from her. She just leans into my face with a big open mouth and then smiles on my cheek. This baby melts our hearts and we are so enamored with her! Here are some facts about our girl:
-still in size 3 diapers, but getting close to 4.
-maxing out 6-9 month clothes and into 12 month
-started solids about 3 weeks ago, because she was staring our food down at the table. In typical 3rd child fashion, she started with ice cream. We then continued with peaches, oatmeal cereal, banana, peas, carrots, avocado, and prunes. Scarlett likes veggies and cereal the most, but overall she just loves to eat! She has no problem with texture and is already gumming whatever food off our plates that we'll give her. Scarlett will cry for food. If she smells it or you sit down to eat and do not give her something, you are in for it. I still nurse her all day and generally feed her solids when it's convenient, once or twice a day.
-Scarlett is such a good sleeper! I am sooooo blessed! She sleeps 7pm to 9 am, waking once at 6amto nurse. She takes her first nap a couple hours after she wakes up and sleeps for a couple hours. She takes her second nap when Hudson naps around 2 and sleeps for another couple hours.
-We have been working so hard on rolling over and finally success as of about 2 weeks ago. Not surprisingly she started sitting up first. (about a week prior to rolling over)
-We still have a finger sucker, sometimes thumb, and it is so cute!
-Her hair is getting long enough for tiny bows and coming in quickly. It also seems to be coming in blondish underneath. Guess there I nothing dominant about this dark hair I have.
-Scarlett's feet are so tiny that she is still in size zero shoes
-She is chunky, but doesn't seem as chunky as the other two were
-Daddy finally got one! Scarlett LOVES her Daddy! If he ever hands her over to me, she fusses immediately. She also loves her Grandad, maybe it's the Ferguson men:)
-This girl has a great demeanor. She is always happy, has a contagious laugh, and is super ticklish(especially on her right side).
Could I gush anymore? Probably, but I will leave it at that for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment