Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tri update: 6 weeks to go!

Wow....it's really getting close to "go time". I'm continuing to train and I'm working on everything..but this week's focus was trying to master the "flip turn". You've seen it...think back to the summer Olympics when Michael Phelps would get to the end of the pool and all of a sudden, he did some swirly-flip maneuver and next thing you know he's 1/2 way down the pool! this is the "flip turn"....basically you flip right at the wall and then push off underwater and turn a bit so that you're in the proper swimming position. As my buddy Mark who was swimming with me can attest... near-drowning is a big side-effect of this move. Until mastered it looks more like a manatee rolling over a stump----NOT PRETTY NOR EFFECTIVE!

This weekend I'm going to do 1/2 of my race... 400 meter swim, 5 mile bike, 1.5 mile run...to see where I need to focus my last 5 weeks of training. Wish me luck!

Last, but not least, we finally got a new computer...so hopefully we'll get some pictures of Kaitlin up this weekend! AND my posts will be moving to my new blog...details coming very soon!

No comments: