Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kaitlin update

Sorry it's been so long, but we're having computer issues...which seems all too common these days. I can't post any pics yet, but hopefully soon. So what has Kaitlin been up to...
She has started singing, which is so sweet! We love her little voice and she seems to be in tune most of the time. I'm sure Jason would want to take credit for that. She absolutely loves music and has been dancing for quite some time, but the singing is so fun.
Kaitlin said the word"Eldo" the other day. I had asked her who was on her diaper, which was Elmo and she responded with certainty that it was Eldo. This really is the first time she's even gotten close to really mimicking. Yea! Other than mama and dada of course.
Though we decided not to potty train yet, she's been telling me before she has to poop. She's still confused on the order of things though, b/c she tells me she has to go, then refuses to sit on the potty, then poops in her diaper, then wants to sit on the potty. Oh well, we'll get there eventually, but at east she's recognizing the feeling.
Kaitlin is getting really good at her puzzles. She has two puzzles Melissa and Doug puzzles with about eight pieces each and she's great at recognizing where the pieces go and can get most of them in by herself.
I might've already mentioned it, but Kaitlin has her pretend cellphone attached to her at the ear. She carries is around like I do and talks to who knows. She babbles on and on about all sorts of stuff. That leads to her pretend play. I've been surprised lately to see her playing pretend more and more. Mostly it's with her dollhouse and babies, but it's so fun to see her imagination.
She still loves her videos. I think she'd sit all day long if we'd let her and watch veggietales and Finding Nemo.
We finished up swim lessons last week. It was really just an introductory course to the water, but she had fun singing songs and splashing. She did have one big accomplishment and that was holding on to the wall by herself and she can slide either way(hopefully to some stairs). I'm sure she'll get a lot more practice at the beach. She does love the water!
We are making some headway with the tantrums that have popped up lately. They seem to be tapering off somewhat, or at least not lasting as long. She, like every other kid I'm sure, just loves to get her way, but for the most part is still so obedient.
Kaitlin has become quite taken with Daddy lately. She has previously been quite the Mama's girl, but now she wants Daddy as soon as he gets home and the rest of the night. Jason is loving it!
She is giving hugs and kisses at random these days, which just melts our hearts. It's so wonderful to see a glimpse of her heart when it's her idea to give us some love. I think that's my favorite thing so far. No matter what our day has been like, if she randomly gives me a hug it is the best day ever.
Speaking of which, maybe some moms will know what I'm talking about, but every once and a while you have a day with your kid(s) that you just don't want to end. It's not that you do anything special or out of the ordinary, but you just have so much fun together. We had one of those this past week. We went to the pool, just the two of us, had a picnic, went on a walk, watched a movie and snuggled and rocked and hugged. I had her from wake up to bedtime, b/c Jason had to work and had small group, but it still seemed the day wasn't long enough. I love those days!!!
I could say so much more about our little joy, but this is probably already too much without pictures for everyone. I promise pics soon.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I totally know what you mean! I love those days and always say they are God's little "I love you" and encouragement of how great of a job you are doing. Now, to just get rid of the "all I did was discipline today" days... :)

Miranda said...

Yay Kaitlin!! Miller loves Eldo too :)