Hudson is now 8 months and the last week has held so many milestones for him. It has really felt like it's been in fast forward. Hudson started crawling on Thursday, going from crawling back to sitting and vice versa on Friday, and pulling up to his feet today, Saturday. Our baby is on the move and into EVERYTHING!!! I am watching him on the monitor while I blog and he's pulling up to his feet in the crib...Jason and I just moved the mattress down.
He is now completely into 18-24 month clothing and seems to have hit a growth spurt, because he is eating SO very much now. He finally decided he wanted to eat real food right at 7 months and now he is eating several servings at each meal. He loves peas, zucchini, butternut squash, acorn squash, peaches, prunes, pears, applesauce, tolerates sweet potatoes and rice cereal, and is not a fan of avacado or bananas.
Hudson is very into his tongue right now, sticking it out constantly and usually blowing raspberries. He has developed two little bumps on his gums and is drooling and biting even more than usual, so we expect teeth any time. This also means he is still wearing a bib all the time and has a constant rash under his chin:(
Hudson loves to talk and keeps constant conversation with his sister. They love to play together and Kaitlin has already taught him to play dollhouse with her...poor guy. He's such a good sport. However, his favorite things are trucks and anything with wheels. It's so wonderful how God creates us as boys and girls from the beginning.
Personalitywise, Hudson is still the sweetest and smiliest kid in the world. He is almost always happy, ticklish all over, and laughs a lot. He has just started laughing at things that are actually funny. He "gets" it! Hudson gets bored fairly easily, but that might just be boys in general. He prefers that we get out of the house a couple times a day, which is great for me.
Mommy still gets two great naps her day from him. They are generally 2 hours each.
We've started going to the pool lately and Hudson is good for about 45 minutes, but then he gets fussy. I don't think he likes the warm weather too much.
I feel more than ever that time is flying by. I try to treasure each night getting to nurse and rock my baby. I know it's not going to last too much longer.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! He is so precious!
He's SUCH a stud. I cant' wait for him and Noah to meet and be buds ;) And I'm still baffled that you have two blue-eyed kids! :)
Post a Comment