Last Thursday, I started potty training Kaitlin. Needless to say I have talked more about pee in the past few days than I ever thought was possible. Here's how it's all gone down...
Thursday-potty 2, accidents 18 million
I seriously considered quitting at this point, because I already missed diapers so very much and thought we might have to home school forever. Thank the Lord that each subsequent day was better and we are now in big girl underwear all day long. Sometime Friday afternoon it seems that something clicked and she figured out how to start holding it until I put her on the potty again. We have gone to church, out to dinner, grocery shopping and to the YMCA all in big girl underwear...without accidents I might add. She seems fine with going in public places which is great. I am taking her to the potty every 30 mins to an hour. There is still an occasional accident but she's doing such a great job.
I'm still not sure how long it will be until she realizes she has to go and recognizes the feeling, asks mommy to go. Hopefully within the next few weeks we'll get to that point. If anyone has any experience with this time frame I'd love to hear it. I guess we'll just keeping placing her on the potty until that time. We are so proud of our big girl!
Thursday-potty 2, accidents 18 million
I seriously considered quitting at this point, because I already missed diapers so very much and thought we might have to home school forever. Thank the Lord that each subsequent day was better and we are now in big girl underwear all day long. Sometime Friday afternoon it seems that something clicked and she figured out how to start holding it until I put her on the potty again. We have gone to church, out to dinner, grocery shopping and to the YMCA all in big girl underwear...without accidents I might add. She seems fine with going in public places which is great. I am taking her to the potty every 30 mins to an hour. There is still an occasional accident but she's doing such a great job.
I'm still not sure how long it will be until she realizes she has to go and recognizes the feeling, asks mommy to go. Hopefully within the next few weeks we'll get to that point. If anyone has any experience with this time frame I'd love to hear it. I guess we'll just keeping placing her on the potty until that time. We are so proud of our big girl!
2 comments:
I loved the home school comment! I thought the same thing :) It took Miller about 1 week before telling me he needed to go. Hopefully any day now!
Yay! Good for you, Kaitlin!
Post a Comment