4 months old
Hudson was four months old on the 3rd. Time is absolutely flying by. I feel like I just can't hold him and cuddle him enough. His official stats at his 4 month appt. were 18 lbs. 12 ozs and 27.25 inches. These are both over the 100th percentile. Healthy boy. Hudson is finishing up the last of his size 3 diapers, because they cannot contain the yuckiness any more. He is in 12 month clothing, mostly due to his super long torso. This month I started putting him in the jumper and exersaucer which he loves! This is much earlier than I started with Kaitlin, but Hudson is much stronger and seemed ready. He is so coordinated and can grab exactly the toy he wants and it goes straight to his mouth...of course. Hudson loves to be held, but not rocked. When it's bedtime he wants to eat and go to bed...none of this snuggle stuff. He thinks his sister is so funny and she can make him laugh like no one else. Tummy time is going better and better and he is lifting his head up really well. Rolling however has taken a timeout. The pediatrician says it's because anatomically he's so "flat and wide" that it will be really hard for him to get his body flipped over. I guess this is the one time of life that it's okay to be referred to as flat and wide. Hudson has turned into a drooler on top of the spit up which makes life "interesting". He gets completely changed about 3 times a day plus numerous bib and burp cloth changes. Supposedly the prilosec that he is on should be completely eliminating the spit up and pain, but not exactly the case. I have been asked to give up dairy which is so hard, but I'm making a valiant effort for my little man. Hopefully (or hopefully not, depending on how you look at it) this will help. The medicine is significantly improving things though. Hudson has turned into quite the squealy baby and loves to communicate. Jason is working on lowering his voice for manly reasons. He has also started a high pitch growl when he's not happy and wants to be picked up. He wakes up once a night now around 3-4. I think this will subside once we start him on food, but just milk is hard to go 12 hours on for an 18lb baby. I will probably start food in a month or so once he's a bit more steady. He has shown no signs of being ready or caring about what we eat so far, so I'm not in a hurry. It's funny how "go with the flow" you can be with a second baby.
Hudson is a huge joy still and makes me love motherhood even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment