Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today

Here's a quick partial synopsis of today...

This morning we went on a playdate to our neighbors house. Isaiah is about 6 months older than Kaitlin, but he has an older sister so he's much better at pretend play. Kaitlin had a wonderful time and followed him around playing whatever he wanted. Of course, as is typical these days, K would occasionally run saying "oh no it's a monster". This brings me to a parenting mistake. Kaitlin loves Monsters Inc.(the movie) and a book she has called "I need my monster", but it seems that she is thinking about monsters a bit too much. She talks about them periodically throughout the day and I can't really tell if she's scared of them or not. Anyways the playdate was fun! I asked Kaitlin if she could say Isaiah and she said Isaiah one seventeen...Learn to do what is right. Wooohoooo...this is the first memory verse she has ever learned. Yea Kate! Made me laugh that she connected his name with the Bible though.
We came home for Hudson to nap, ate lunch, and ran errands. We went to Ulta, where Kaitlin proceeded to try every sample in the store. Our girl is soooo very girly!
The kids went down for nap/quiet time and I checked on Kate and found her pullup off, poop smeared various places around the room. Just to clarify, this is not the first time this has happened and we are pros at cleaning this type of thing up. I put her in the tub and cleaned everything up and gave her a spanking. Back to naptime.
Got kids up, ate dinner, and taught Hudson how to clap. Yea!!!! He's so cute and is completely proud of himself.
Let's fast forward to Kate's bedtime.
I am rocking Kaitlin and here's our conversation:
Me:Kaitlin, do you remember what happened during nap today?
K:poop and smash it
Me:Yep, are you going to do it again?
K:no
Me:why?
K:because...
Me:because why?
K:becaaauuuse no
Me:why because no?
K:because no
Me:because of spank?
K:yeah spank too hard
Me:so no more digging in poop
K:no
So we'll see if we have this conversation again.
I love talking with Kaitlin more and more every day. She comes up with something new all the time. Such sweet kiddos!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, Jenn! Poor Mommy. :( Believe me, I *get* the potty training frustration. Sigh. I keep reminding myself that noone goes to school still in diapers...it'll happen. Thankfully, God gives us little moments of seeing our little people be sweet to cushion the blow of frustration. :) Goodluck! Will be praying for a better day!!

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

I havnt had the pleasure of experiencing the whole poop smashed everywhere quite yet. But I have a feeling that day is coming soon. You're a great mommy and doing such a great job with the discipline. Love you!

JM said...

I'm loving all the new posts. I read them a while back but have been so busy that I didn't stop to comment. Keep them coming!