Our sweet little boy is almost a year old. Unbelievable! Hudson has really changed over the past month. His biggest accomplishment...Hudson is walking! He was taking a few steps around 9-10 months, but he is full blown walking everywhere he goes and getting fast now. He loves being upright and is trying so hard to keep up with his sister. She had no idea what was coming and Hudson is really teaching her how to share:) He is also teaching her not to put her head near his hands....he is such a hair puller. Poor K has lost so much hair and I'm not far behind. He thinks it's sooo funny. Every day before nap and bedtime I give him some milk and rock him. He then proceeds to look at me grab my hair right in front and yank my head down and laughs hysterically....then he licks my head. It's so weird! I have no idea what he's thinking but it makes us both laugh.
Hudson has gotten his first two teeth on the bottom. He is also working on the two top. Luckily he doesn't seem too bothered by teething and still is a lot of fun. He has become a bit more of a mama's boy though.
We've experienced his first tantrum. He has quite the squeal. The four of us were playing outside and had K's chalk out. Hudson kept putting it in his mouth, so Jason took it away. Hudson immediately started screaming, so I took him inside b/c it was bathtime anyway. He walked over to the window and saw Daddy and K still outside and screamed, squealed, and made other unpleasant noises. It's so weird the first time your child does this, b/c you think who is this and where did my child go? Hudson has definately started expressing his opinion and has shown that he's not quite as agreeable to all of his sister's ideas as we once thought he would be.
Trucks, pots and pans, and hide and go seek are his favorite things. Hudson loves to eat. His favorites are spaghetti, black beans and rice, black eyed peas, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, and goldfish.
Hudson is still taking two 1.5-2 hour naps and sleeps 12 hours at night. He is still a super easy kid! We have started the weaning process and should be done in the next few weeks. I am not really ready for this, but it seems that it's time.
Hudson is still taking two 1.5-2 hour naps and sleeps 12 hours at night. He is still a super easy kid! We have started the weaning process and should be done in the next few weeks. I am not really ready for this, but it seems that it's time.
He says Dada and Mama, but I don't think they're always for us. Huddy has been working so much on his motor skills that he really doesn't care too much about anything else.
When Kaitlin was born I realized how much she fulfilled a part of me b/c I really wanted to be a mommy. Hudson has made me realize that he fulfills a different part b/c he is such a different baby. He already tries to make me laugh and succeeds! It is amazing how he can already read his mommy and knows just what to do to make me smile. What a wonderfully sweet boy he is and we are truly blessed every day by him!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for the update!! I love all of you!
Post a Comment