Sunday, September 26, 2010

Knockoff by Jenn

Is she adorable or what? She's runway ready with the hand on her hip!
The original outfit from last year

This cutie Christmas outfit that Kaitlin is modeling was my first ever attempt at making clothing. I thought I should start the attempt way before Christmas to give myself time. Kaitlin had this outfit we had borrowed from a friend last year and I loved it so much I thought, "why not?" I did decide to make the bow a bit bigger at the top though:) Well after trying to figure out how to turn a 24 month outfit into a 3T outfit without taking apart the original or having a pattern and many ripped stitches I finally finished it and it looks great on her if I do say so myself, but I'm biased b/c my model is so fabulous! The fabric was not exactly my favorite but I didn't want to spend much on what could've been a disaster. I learned so much in the process and spent alot of time going back to the internet to look things up and emailing my friend, Janelle, to get advice. Overall I deem it a success and feel a bit of accomplishment. I have found a new hobby and can't wait to try other things.

4 comments:

Jen said...

NICE! You are so talented!!!

JM said...

Looks like she loves it! Good going Mommy!

nLk said...

jenn, i'm SO impressed!! i wish we lived closer so you could give me lessons. i've tried, but by the time i make one outfit, i'm tired of it and don't feel like making a second one to match :) i can't wait to see what else you make!

Miranda said...

So cute! LOVE it!